eighteen seventy press is only look for poetry.
- send between 2-5 poems embedded into the body of the email. do not send only 1, do not send 6 or more. pretty simple.
- accepted on rolling basis. there are no issues, no deadlines, no bullshit.
- bios are accepted but not required. eff. mar 03, 23.
- all writers of 18+, from any part of the world, any walk of life, are welcome but any themes that prove to be overtly negative, hostile, and/or inappropriate to a given gender, class, orientation, etcetera will be rejected without comment.
- first rights only, all rights revert except for archival purposes.
- simultaneous are most welcome. if you don’t let us know you were accepted elsewhere that’s on you.
- i may change font and font size without prior notice.
- send submissions with a lovely note to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGBTQIA+ and POC are strongly encouraged to submit.
- i try to get responses out in 30 days or less, but that is a goal not a promise.
- work that does not follow guidelines, which are seemingly very simple, will be deleted without comment.
- poems are posted on a rolling basis.
- no payment, sorry.
- and, please edit your work. a lot.
love to all,